What is Deskletics?
Deskletics is a fun, innovative, and accessible competitive well-being programme used to promote physical activity, positive mental health, and peer interaction, accessed through smart phones, tablets, or computers.
The programme involves a variety of inclusive activities and challenges that are performed over a minimum of a 2-week period. Well-being points are won or lost through each activity and there are non-competitive games such as mindfulness practices, which means there is something for everyone.
What outcomes you can expect?
- Participants have improved physical activity levels
- Participants interact better with others
- Negative habits are replaced with more positive habits that improve physical and mental health.
- There is more opportunity to talk about health and topics that affect people who may otherwise find it hard to engage in them
- Participants have fun and have improved mental well-being
- Healthy competition is cultivated among participants
- Medals and prizes are given out at the end of the week for “winners”.